Friday, February 19, 2010

Were we like that?


I'm not in a good mood today. So who knows were this blog will go, but it's been too long since my last post that I'm just going to type.
Since my last post
- I went to Melbourne
- I 'missed' Valentines day.

Complaint Number 1. Flying
DYK that Virgin Blue has a 'two wheelchair per flight' rule? I'm going to guess no. I've been flying with them for ages (with my chair) and didn't find out until I was number 3 last week.
I called the call centre a few days before my flight and said that I was in a wheelchair. Now the only reason I do this, or so I thought, was as a courtesy to the airline. So very dang wrong. The 'lady' on the other end said, in poor English.
"Now your options are to rebook your flight at your expense"
notice the use of a plural? I'm on the other end waiting for option two... which never came.
MY FAULT. THIRD WHEELCHAIR. OWN EXPENSE.
I have not had someone talk down to me like I was an idiot for not realising this rule was in place. I actually hung up on them.
I refused to rebook the flight. Virgin Blue refused to provide any assistance. So if I had been unable to walk to the gate without help I'd have been boned. So Very Wrong.
Everyone else at Virgin Blue were nice enough, but call centre lady has landed Virgin Blue squarely on my list.

Complaint Number Two: Young Couples
We had dinner with a young couple last night.
So young that they both swear they loved that movie valentines day.
I've done some reading on the net to make sure it's not just me, this is from rotten tomatoe
Consensus: Eager to please and stuffed with stars, Valentine's Day squanders its promise with a frantic, episodic plot and an abundance of rom-com cliches.
SO TRUE.
Plus PDA. Urk.
There were five at dinner, two couples and one single, so out of common courtesy limit the PDA. Plus we're eating. Really wait one hour, it will be ok.

You see how cranky I am today? I'm all down with love.

Maybe I just need a good nap. Tomorrow we're going to the next fitting for the BMs and Ri is picking up our wedding rings tonight from Tiffany's, newly engraved.

No comments:

Post a Comment