Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just like mum

I believe that it is around now, the mid 20s. That a girl will look at her mum and go, oh dang, she's just like me.
It was my baby brothers 23rd birthday last week, and so we had dinner with my folks. I asked mum when it was that she saw Europe. Late 1979. When she was 25. Now just over 30 years later, at about the same age, I'm going too.
Here are some mum and me stats.
She meet Dad when she was a teenager, I meet Ri when I saw 16.
However she married Dad at 19, I'm marrying Ri at 25.
Dad was 20-21 when he proposed, Ri was 22.
Ri will be 24 when we get married Dad was 21.
They got married in October one day before my mum's dad's birthday. We are getting married in May one day after my dad's birthday. (We didn't know this before we set the date- well I knew about MY dads birthday, but not Pa's as he had been dead for many years).
Mum finished nursing school at age 29, 3 weeks after having her first child.
I finished university (with 2 degrees mind you) at 24, sans children.


I'm hoping to recreate some of the photos they took on their Europe trip. They went in November, so I'm going to practice looking very cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment