Monday, January 4, 2010

Our New Years Eve

New Years Eve was spent on the couch watching live TV, we were going to go to one of Ri's ever neglected friends house, but I got a migraine, and instead of going without me (which I told him to do repeatedly) he sat on the couch with me and we counted down to 2010 together.
I swear that boy uses girl logic because he's bought himself an entire night out to be cashed in... sometime soon I'm sure.

So what of 2009?
I think what will stand out for me is work. Learning to work, becoming a worker, after six years at UQ. Oh and money, earning some half decent money! I love my job. I see so many speechies who want to leave the profession. I hope that's not me in 3 years.

How about 2010
It's four days into 2010 and I've already forgotten my new years resolutions. 2010 is going to be a massive year for Ri and I. To the point where sometimes I forget that it is not happening to everyone around me, 2010 might be normal for some, or massive in a different way. Our wedding is LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS away and we don't get back from our honeymoon until mid November.

Ri gets cranky at me, sometimes, for telling everyone who'll listen about our honeymoon plans. I think he sees it as showing off. I've led a rather boring life in the three years we've been saving, in a way I fell like we've earned it.

My goals for 2010:
Try not to let the wedding become bigger than it is.
To remember that friends and family come first.
Not to give Ri a reason to divorce me on our honeymoon.
To come home to friends and family.
Start the Puppy Project

No comments:

Post a Comment