Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Christmas 2009

Dear Ri,
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, our fifth together and the last before we get married. I love you. Tori. P.S. are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

This is our Christmas day:

Ri and I woke up at 7:00am, we spent two hours preparing the turkey (turns out it came gutted, so we couldn't stuff it the usual way so Ri spent about half an hour sewing on a calico skin graft to keep the onion and celery in).
This is how we prepared the turkey, I made a mustard paste from mustard powder and worcestershire sauce. Ri 'stuffed' the bird with onion and celery. Ri coated the inside and outside with the mustard sauce. Ri put half a pound of butter on the top of the bird and then strips of bacon on that. I then soaked calico in olive oil. Ri covered the whole lot in the calico and put it in the BBQ with the lid down for 2 hours. Ri also prepared a leg of lamb. I made some cranberry sauce from crasins, port, orange zest/juice and blackberry jam. I also made white christmas.

Now being a vegetarian preparing the turkey was pretty much up to Ri and I think I dry reached when he showed me the neck. The cooked finished product looked like what I'd seen on TV and Ri says it was the best turkey he had ever had. Very moist.

It was a small Christmas. So much meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment