Thursday, December 17, 2009

I am a speech pathologist


I'm having such a good day. I had a bad day yesterday, let's just say there was a disagreement over the wording of our wedding invites. Mum doesn't want her name on the same invite as dad. They live in the same house. I didn't mean anything by putting all my immediate families name on a trial invite. I haven't even printed it out on our paper yet! I'd just used their names in the trial to see how it looked with names/alignment. Also I had written Ri and I were the hosts. I ended up bursting into tears in the office at work, I was overwhelmed with a *I can't please anyone* feeling.
Mum and I have kissed and made up, she doesn't mean to say somethings aloud and then I'm too sensitive. There is no problem there.

But today has been one of those days.
Beautiful sky, working airconditioner, half day at work. Got me thinking how lucky I am...
It's been over a year since I graduated with my masters in speech pathology and I am really beginning to feel less like a new grad and more like a speechie.
I love my job.
I love that I have work up until our wedding!!!
I love my work place.
I think my workmates are AWESOME.
I fell into the right area of speech pathology.

Ri is perfect. Today alone he has:
Gotten up early to run me a bath before work. Made breakfast. Made Lunch. Dropped me at work. Picked me up during his lunch break.

The things I'm stressing about are so small that they don't matter. Or so big that they've got to wait til we get back.

I've been wishing time away, waiting to be married, that I haven't stopped to appreciate wow I am a speech pathologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment