Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jump aboard

It was my mums birthday yesterday. She's 55.
Maybe it's age or maybe the increasing senility, but she has finally jumped aboard the wedding... train.

And now that she's on board she's noticed how little we've done and how much there is left to go.

We had a phone conversation that went like this:

Mum: Do the wedding invites need so much ribbon?
Me: Yes, I'm very pro ribbon and what do you care?
Mum: Well then shouldn't you get onto it?
Me: Well I was meaning to on Sunday but I was sick.
Mum: How are the girls dresses going?
Me: We're meeting a dress maker this weekend
Mum:Maybe I should have a dress made
Me:I'd like that
Mum: Something simple like a black cocktail dress
Me: Mum?
Mum:mmm?
Me: No you can't wear black.
Mum: Why not?
Me: You can wear grey or black and white
Mum: I don't want to wear white
Me: Good, because I don't want you to either. Black and white or grey.
Mum: Mmmm
Me: If you wear black, you've got to wear the flowers I'm buying you
Mum: Grey sounds good.
Me: *Sighs* I'll end up giving stacey your flowers wont I?
Mum: Yep, I hear Stacey loves flowers.
Me: *Groans* - but is smiling
Mum: What about the honeymoon
Me: Booking it this weekend
Mum: Heard that before


hahaha so have I. Shall we take bets? Ri has a hard time exchange large amounts of money for goods and serves.

It's a good feeling having mum interested.

1 comment: