Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas in November... and whatever comes to mind

Every year I forget exactly how hot and rainy summer is. Christmas and mums return from America has resulted in wedding block. I really cannot think of what to do next for the wedding.

We're half way through the wedding invites (well the mock up copy), but need to go to three shops before we can start the mass production. Also I need to find the Myer's stuff, so I can include the gift info. Oh and I'm not sure what time to put on the invite for the ceremony OR reception.

We've registered at Myers, for about 20 items. We've got to go back.

We have the name of about 3 or 4 dress makers, but we're going to wait until after Ri's sister gets back from India before we start that process. That's actually Ri's job.

I'm about half way through the vows.

So many half done tasks. Now to Christmas.

We had our first Christmas party on Sunday. With the secret santa, where Ri had to buy for his mum and I had to buy for someone I never meet. I finally got to meet Al, Ri's future future Brother inlaw. He was exactly what I was expecting except for one thing. He had brown eyes.

Christmas does not feel very Christmas-y this year. We are not even going anywhere! Ri's sister will be away and so will my dad. We have not even put up a tree yet. I know this is the normal time to put up a tree, but in my family we put up the tree in the first week of November.

MY MUM IS HOME! She was away for three weeks and we got a text msg and a postcard. Now I can't be told off next year if I only call six times in six months.
We picked her up from the airport yesterday. She went to all the thanksgivings sales, and come home with bags of gifts for her three children.

My gifts include a necklace from the Tiffany's in new york. And a shirt from a chocolate factory that simply says "Reese's".

1 comment:

  1. I bet if you grab a glass of champagne and get your tree up it'll feel more Christmass-y. :)

    ReplyDelete