Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Can't sleep

Clowns will eat me.

It's 2:30am and I cannot sleep. I've been having trouble getting to sleep ever since we reached 6 months to go. I think about everything just as I'm trying to get to sleep. I'm not even worried about the things I think about, they just run through my mind and drive me nuts. I think of new ideas for the vows, speeches, music, invite wording.
I am driving myself crazy.
and Rhys too as I know his sleep is suffering like it always does when mine does.

Here is a poem:
I take you as my partner...I take you as my partner, my friend and my love.
My hopes and dreams will now be intermingled with yours.
I will seek to balance my needs with those of our community and family.
I will openly draw from our combined experience
and feelings in our search for truth and meaning.
I will strive for harmony through compromise and understanding.

I will be forgiving, but not complacent.
From this day forward, I take shared responsibility
for our marriage, family, community and myself,
regardless of our successes or failures.

I promise to be faithful and true to you in mind,
body, and spirit; to cherish you and respect you;
and to be a source of comfort and encouragement,
free and bound by our love, as long as we shall live.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks so much for joining my blog and I'm happy to read about your wedding plans here. :)

    I didn't find the true love of my life until much later in life, after a couple of heartaches (one failed marriage). When he and I married 7 years ago, it was in the back yard of our home - a garden wedding with 30 of our closest friends and relatives and I must say, it was a most beautiful August event. It occurred during the Air Festival/Balloon Fest and we had airplanes flying over during the ceremony, at the entrance to our garden, and air balloons taking flight during the evening reception dinner. It wasn't the most lavish affair, but I must say - everyone enjoyed themselves, especially us, because it was relatively stress free.

    Just something to keep in mind when you're planning your wondrous day - It is your day. ♥ Yes, it will fly by. Savor every moment, but please try not to stress too much about it in advance.

    I'm looking forward to reading more about your plans in the days to come.

    Blessings always,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Linda. I think I get so caught up on the one day that it's nice to get some perspective.

    ReplyDelete