Friday, November 28, 2008

The weekend we got engaged


On Friday we headed up to Montville (forgetting my delicious wine, mind you) to spend a weekend in a cottage in an advocado garden.
It was beautiful.
On the Friday, the first thing we did, was go to a winery and buy some wine for me to sip (I think I had 3 glasses over the whole weekend - I dont think we finished a bottle between us, but hey, we're just not big drinkers).
We took our wine to the cottage and just chilled out on the nice-but-not-as-nice-as-ours couch. We ended up at the lovely place called Zana's for dinner (yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum). Seriously, if you're ever in Montville, go to Zana's.

On the Saturday, we got out of bed at about 10, and managed to get out of the cottage and head into Montville by about 12. We bought some candles for Earth Hour, some spicey chocolate liqueur called "Dragons crap" (great if you LOVE chili). We had lunch overlooking the view to the ocean. We spent a few hours looking at the shops, ending up with a collection of tea, lollipops and fudge. We then went back to the cottage with stuff from IGA to make our dinner.When we got back to the room, I was on the couch, wearing my peasents dress, sucking on a sour apple lollipop when Rhys disappeared to out of site. When he came back into the lounge room, he stood infront of me, reached into his back pocket, kneeled down on one knee (at which point I think I either protested or made some sound resembling no, I think I said "...But I'm sucking on a lollipop" - I'll ask Rhys) and then he said "Victoria will you marry me..." and I said "yes" and got mascara all over his face.
I have a temporary ring I've called Jr. I get the real thing on June 27th (our 3 year anniversary).We had vegetarian sandwiches for dinner and participated in Earth Hour.
On the Sunday we went down to the Lake and had sandwiches, fruit and fudge, while naming the different birds after the first country/state/city that came to mind when we saw it. There was a bush turkey I named Germany, a little birdy I called Belgium and a duck called Kentucky. We went for a random drive, that led us to a random park, where we decided to go on an impromptu 1.2 km walk through rainforest.
After the physical torture, we figured it was about time we call our parents and some of our friends to let them know about the engagement.
Photos is of the sunset we watch on the Sunday, we sat by the local lake and just watch the sun go done and played on the swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment