Friday, November 28, 2008

Engagement Party


We had our engagement party in July 2008. I used to think that you should have your engagement party within a certain time of getting engaged to show that its 'serious.'
I've seen its the engagements that don't have engagement party within so many month that break off. So I was paranoid to make the statement 'yes, we're really getting married.'
Pfft, nuts to that! If I could do it again, I would have it a year to the day of the wedding. That way both sides of the family would have had over a year to let it sink in.
Anyway, it was still a beautiful day and I really hope our guests enjoyed themselves, and I was so greatful so many could come, because I tried my hardest to make it the least "engagement" feeling engagement party there was.
I'm not a big fan of engagement parties.
I get bored easy, so I tried to include activities and surprizes. Like painting.
Best Man Election 08.
Krispy Kreme.
Advice Book.
In the Advice book we asked. Whats is love? Give us advice.
My favourite responses were:
"What is love, baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me"
"Yes dear"
"Love is hugs" - 3 years old girl

No comments:

Post a Comment