Saturday, May 1, 2010

I wrote this like three days ago

This wedding thing can really get you down sometimes. I cannot wait to marry Ri, but I can’t seem to stay excited because there is always something going on. Small things, but as they pile up its draining.
The hair dresser needs a $25 travelling fee.
It was my last day at work today and I am going to miss my workmates like crazy, and seeing as I was only casual I don’t have a job to return to.
The cars can’t seat the flower girls.
The chapel won’t take responsibility for playing the music – so we need to ask a guest.
Someone told a friend of mine that I was seating her with her ex. (I wasn’t).
The Chapel is costing about $200 more than we thought, because the price didn’t include gst.
The Reception is costing, er, a bit more than we thought because somehow we jumped from 90 guests to 113 (we’re VERY happy that so many people are willing to share this day with us, but yikes).
The suit hire place had our wedding down as next weekend, so when all 5 boys and I went in last night, we waited for ages. The staff treated me like I was an idiot. And the boys have to go back tonight before the rehearsal.
We paid for all 114 guests, only to find out that someone who rsvp’d yes, changed to a no, and their partner’s sister emailed a friend instead of telling us. By the time the message reached us, it was too late. At this point I can’t see myself looking the partner who is coming in the eyes.

I feel like we’ve lost our way a little bit. It’s only one day, but it means so much to us. And it’s suppose to be about us and our choice to get married.

The rehearsal is tonight. I’m hoping that it’ll mark a changing point in how I’m feeling. I’m sure tomorrows high will match today’s low.

No comments:

Post a Comment