Monday, December 1, 2008

Our reception venue. The first thing we booked.

This photo was taken from our photographers site, ST photography. An AWESOME photographer, I'll post a link.

Our reception venue, only took us about three months to decide on.
Customs House was the very last one we looked at and we only looked at it because I remembered thinking how beautiful it was when I was looking for a venue for my 21st. Its owned by UQ and anyone who know's us, knows that we both went to UQ and if our family members went anywhere, it was more often than not UQ too.
We almost booked two other very lovely places, but one didn't have our date and the other did not have the same feeling as Customs House, but had amazing staff.
I honestly think its an amazing building and even the room we are having our reception in matches our colour scheme.
http://www.customshouse.com.au/index.html?page=19845
Have a look if you're bored. I spent ages just looking at the photos. I know the place inside out! Haha.
Finding a reception venue.
We used the white pages, wedding websites and a QLD bridal magazine to find places. We went to all of the websites for each venue and visited ones that fit into our criteria. Which was location nearish to UQ, wheelchair access, friendly staff, BIG dance floor and can provide me with chair sashes that are not red, silver, white or black.
Ruling venues out is hard. You can so easily pick anywhere and see it being a beautiful day. But I had such a clear image of my colours and what everything will look like that I could rule out rooms that would clash.
I might dig up our list and post it up here in case any other Brisbane girl comes across this blog and is looking for a venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment